Vital Functions of UNREFINED (Whole) Sea Salt in the Body
A very basic beginning guideline for unrefined sea salt intake is to consume 1/16th to 1/8th of a teaspoon per cup of water consumed. 6-8 cups of water should be consumed daily. If you are thirsty, you need more water; if you crave more salt in the form of salty foods, you need more electrolytes. This is the body’s innate way of balancing electrolytes and fluids.
Our electrolytes are balanced when: we drink more than we urinate; we do not wake at night to urinate and our urine is pale yellow, not clear and not dark.
1. Unrefined sea salt is most effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats and, contrary to the misconception that it causes high blood pressure, it is actually essential for the regulation of blood pressure - in conjunction with water. Naturally the proportions are critical.
Back to Brain Health
2. Unrefined sea salt is vital to the extraction of excess acidity from the cells in the body, particularly the brain cells.
3. Unrefined sea salt is vital for balancing the sugar levels in the blood; a needed element in diabetics.
4. Unrefined sea salt is vital for the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in the body. It is used for local power generation at the sites of energy need by the cells.
5. Unrefined sea salt is vital to the nerve cells' communication and information processing all the time that the brain cells work, from the moment of conception to death.
6. Unrefined sea salt is vital for absorption of food particles through the intestinal tract.
7. Unrefined sea salt is vital for the clearance of the lungs of mucus plugs and sticky phlegm, particularly in asthma and cystic fibrosis.
8. Unrefined sea salt is vital for clearing up catarrh and congestion of the sinuses.
9. Unrefined sea salt is a strong natural antihistamine.
10. Unrefined sea salt is essential for the prevention of muscle cramps.
11. Unrefined sea salt is vital to prevent excess saliva production to the point that it flows out of the mouth during sleep. Needing to constantly mop up excess saliva indicates salt shortage.
12. Unrefined sea salt is absolutely vital to making the structure of bones firm. Osteoporosis, in a major way, is a result of salt and water shortage in the body.
13. Unrefined sea salt is vital for sleep regulation. It is a natural hypnotic.
14. Unrefined sea salt on the tongue will stop persistent dry coughs.
15. Unrefined sea salt is vital for the prevention of gout and gouty arthritis.
16. Unrefined sea salt is vital for maintaining sexuality and libido.
17. Unrefined sea salt is vital for preventing varicose veins and spider veins on the legs and thighs.
18. Unrefined sea salt is vital to the communication and information processing nerve cells the entire time that the brain cells work - from the moment of conception to death.
19. Unrefined sea salt is vital for reducing a double chin. When the body is short of salt, it means the body really is short of water. The salivary glands sense the salt shortage and are obliged to produce more saliva to lubricate the act of chewing and swallowing and also to supply the stomach with water that it needs for breaking down foods. Circulation to the salivary glands increases and the blood vessels become "leaky" in order to supply the glands with water to manufacture saliva. The "leakiness" spills beyond the area of the glands themselves, causing increased bulk under the skin of the chin, the cheeks and into the neck.
20. Unrefined sea salt contains 75 mineral elements that the body needs. Some of these elements are needed in trace amounts. Unrefined sea salt is a better choice of salt than other types of salt on the market. Ordinary table salt that is bought in the super markets has been stripped of its companion elements and contains additive elements such as aluminum silicate to keep it powdery and porous. Unrefined sea salt is a key factor in detoxification of imbalanced minerals in the body as well as the detox of other toxins.
21. Twenty-seven percent of the body's salt is in the bones. Osteoporosis results when the body needs more salt and takes it from the body. Bones are twenty-two percent water. It is obvious what happens to the bones when we're deficient in salt or water or both.